Relative to the cost of other professional affiliations, APEBC is able to offer membership at very competitive rates thanks to the generous sponsorship from our corporate partners. Becoming a member of the APEBC has many benefits.
The APEBC offers members the opportunity to interact and exchange ideas with other professionals in the economics and finance sector. Association members include many of British Columbia’s foremost practicing economists, business executives, and other professionals dealing with economic and financial matters in our community.
Access to the APEBC Luncheon Speaker Series. The APEBC is proud to host speakers on a wide range of topics including banking, housing markets, regional development, forestry, mining, labour markets, transportation and more. The sessions take place in an informal closed-door format providing the best environment for dynamic group discussion.
As the local chapter of the Canadian Association of Business Economists (CABE) our association is able to offer our members access to proprietary CABE resources, including the annual CABE salary survey and National membership directory.
Media & Other
Media and other organisations requiring assistance on economic matters are increasingly turning to the APEBC to identify suitable professionals in the field. The APEBC provides a vital role in bringing such requests to the attention of our membership.
Membership Categories and Fees
Because APEBC is a provincial chapter of the Canadian Association for Business Economics (CABE), there are two paths to APEBC membership:
- The first option is to become a National Member of CABE (with APEBC Affiliation). Details on becoming a National Member is available on the CABE Website.
- The second option is to apply directly to become an APEBC Member.
APEBC Members fall into four different categories, which are described in the table below.
- For any graduate or undergraduate student currenly enrolled in an appropriate program.
- For any recent graduate, less than 2 years out of university, training to be an economist
- For university graduate in economics, with minimum of 2 years continuous practice as an economist.
- For person actively engaged in another profession, but who holds an interest in economics
A $20.00 one-time initiation fee is required for processing all applications